Written on the internet
- Our weekly roundup of links we hope you’ll find interesting and useful:
- Writer Robin Black is thinking about writing process and writing struggle.
- Editor Lynn Price talks about hooks and titles.
- Writer Darcy Pattison has advice on character arcs.
- Good advice on what makes a good writing workshop and how to get the most out of the experience.
- Writer Nathan Bransford’s Page Critique Thursdays are not to be missed. Here’s one that has generated some conversation about first lines and high concept. Be sure to read the original page and Nathan’s response for context.
- Carolyn Kellogg at LA Times/Jacket Copy points us to this marvelous series on writers at This Recording.
- Jane at Dear Author has a roundup post with great thoughts/links about authors’ fears and excitement about publishing, and the need for professional editing (we agree!).
- And we leave you with this charming video from Sean Ohlenkamp and Lisa Blonder Ohlenkamp. Your Editors are now waiting for all our books to start dancing too…
Enjoy your weekend. Write something wonderful!
Posted by: Kelley