Written on the internet
- Our weekly roundup of links we hope you’ll find interesting and useful:
- Author Barbara Baig on the importance of deliberate practice.
- Author Darcy Pattison has tips to tighten up your sagging (manuscript!) middle. (For your actual middle, Kelley recommends Zumba…)
- Writing nonfiction? Here are the essential elements of a strong proposal.
- Must-read for all authors: Kristine Kathryn Rusch on publishing contracts, negotiating, and dealbreakers.
- Editor Lynn Price in conversation with an author about frustrations and responsibilities of publishing.
- Author Christopher East says it’s not a race. We agree.
- And we leave you with this moving moment with screewnriter Joss Whedon on what fans mean to him. The power of stories well told — this marvelous connection!
Enjoy your weekend. Write something wonderful!
Kelley is on a writer’s journey for the Clarion West Writers Workshop (an explanation here). To date, Kelley has sent sponsors more than 11,000 words of “postcards from the road” — writing issues, tips and techniques, and observations about the writing life. It’s not too late to share the journey: in exchange for a donation of any amount to Clarion West, Kelley will send you all previous letters, and those to come.
Posted by: Kelley