Written on the internet
- Our weekly roundup of links we hope you’ll find interesting and useful:
- Creative coach Alison Gresik has an invaluable post on how the 10 signs of walking depression can manifest in our creative lives, and another on how to walk away.
- Author Kat Howard reminds you that writers do not have to do it alone.
- Here are 10 things nobody told you about being creative.
- Words are not just your tools. Make words your friend.
- Please (please!) understand your contracts!
- All writers should read this article about the basic neuroscience of fiction. Your Editors talk often here, and in our edits for clients, about the concept of mirror neurons and how they make story real to readers. Here’s a 14 minute video from Nova that explains mirror neurons in more detail (note that there is an unavoidable 30-second ad in front).
Enjoy your weekend. Write something wonderful!
Posted by: Kelley