Written on the internet
- Our weekly roundup of links we hope you’ll find interesting and useful:
- Read author Kris Rusch’s analysis of the changes in book publishing (and don’t miss the link to this article by Stephen Page in The Guardian). Whether you’re an emerging writer or an established author, you need to understand the shifting landscape of the business.
- Self-published authors, this one’s for you: author and former agent Orna Ross is preparing to launch the Alliance of Independent Authors.
- Author Matthew Pearl on making your work live beyond the pages of your novel.
- Writing rules from some of the greats (via Gwenda Bond).
- Writer Kendra Turner looks at embedded elements in storytelling. Can you find the FedEx arrow? (via The Editor’s POV).
- Two books that examine how emotion works in stories…
- …and a fabulous post by author Ben Marcus on creating emotion in fiction.
Enjoy your weekend. Write something wonderful!
Posted by: Kelley