Written on the internet
- Our weekly roundup of links we hope you’ll find interesting and useful:
- Earning and keeping a reader’s trust: a three-part series from The King of Elfland’s Second Cousin. Part 1 focuses on cultural touchstones and narrative precision; Part 2 on world-building and story structure; and Part 3 on character/narrator consistency.
- Self-published author Chuck Wendig describes many good reasons not to self-publish, and and so does author Edan Lepucki. Check out the comment conversations on both posts for a variety of smart and thoughtful perspectives.
- If you do self-publish, you may be interested in Amazon.com’s new KDP Select Program…
- …but make sure to read the fine print.
- Author Anne R. Allen has a great Beginner’s Guide to Blogging for authors.
- Author Rick Daley offers a helpful FAQ on SEO.
- Creativity expert Michael Michalko with 12 things about creative thinking they don’t teach in school.
Enjoy your weekend. Write something wonderful!
Posted by: Kelley