Written on the internet
Our weekly roundup of links we hope you’ll find interesting and useful.
- The interwebs are humming this week with talk on the future of book publishing:
- Guy LeCharles Gonzalez of Digital Book World on why community isn’t the same as brand.
- Why is that important? Well, here’s writer William Gibson talking about engaging with readers…
- … and here’s one example of a publisher building community around story.
- But it all starts with telling a good story:
- Here’s an excellent post on good dialogue from Nathan Bransford…
- … and one on showing versus telling from Mary Kole.
- And here’s Alice Walker on the writing life: patience, fear, community and joy…
Enjoy your weekend. Write something wonderful!
Posted by: Kelley