Email is the quickest way to reach us: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 77361
Seattle, WA 98177
Updated August 2012: Due to a high volume of contracted work, we are currently CLOSED to sample edit requests. You’re welcome to query us about your project and we’ll be happy to provide an estimate. We can discuss a sample edit on a case-by-case basis, and will resume responding to all requests for sample edits as soon as we can.
When you’re ready to get started on a project
- Email us to discuss your project needs, cost estimate and timeline. After that discussion, we’ll send you an email outlining the services we will provide, the cost and the timeline.
- If you’d like to see a sample our developmental edit work, click here.
Send us payment
- Manuscript assessment and editing services require a 50% non-refundable deposit before we begin work, with the remaining 50% due before we deliver your final files. Any project with a total fee of less than $300 must be prepaid in full.
- Each writing coach session, and the Writing Mentor Program, must be prepaid in full.
- We will invoice you through email. We accept payment through Paypal only.
Send us your manuscript
For our sanity, please make sure your manuscript file is formatted as follows.
We may reject your manuscript if it is not formatted correctly:
- US letter sized paper (8.5″ x 11″)
- Double-spaced, in Courier or Times New Roman, 12-point, left-justified, with at least 1-inch margins
- Your name and contact information in the top left corner of the first page
- Estimated word count in the top right corner of the first page.
- A header with your name, title and page number in the top right corner of all other pages.
If your manuscript is 30 pages or less, email us a Microsoft Word file.
If your manuscript is more than 30 pages, email us a Microsoft Word file and send us a printed copy.
You may send your manuscript via US Postal Service to the address above
– or –
you may use the FedEx Office online print/pickup service. FedEx Office allows you to upload your file to a website, and have it printed and held for pickup at our local branch. The current charge is 10 cents per page. This service may be a less expensive alternative to mailing your manuscript if you are outside the US.
If you elect this option, please follow these instructions:
- Upload your file to FedEx Office
- Choose single-sided, black & white printing, standard US letter-sized 20# paper
- At checkout, select “Hold for pickup at FedEx office”
- Enter the following address into “Search for the closest office”:
8345 15th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117.
This is the actual address of the office. Select this office for your order.
- Recipient name: Sterling Editing, contact phone: 206-417-3664, contact email email@example.com
- Please make sure you include specific instructions to FedEx/Kinkos to contact us by email and phone. Otherwise we will not know your order is ready.
- Please notify us that you have placed your order through FedEx/Kinkos.
We look forward to working with you!